Saturday, January 27, 2018

Hello from Broke Girl - Introduction

Hello Galaxy,

This is it--my first blog post as Broke Girl.

First, let me give you a little background on myself. I live an off-grid lifestyle in the Tennessee woods. Although I love off-grid living, one of the set-backs to being away from a city is the lack of available work that pays above minimum wage. Since the world revolves around money, this is a problem. I began working at home by studying medical transcription and then working as a contract medical transcriptionist for the VA. While this was a great job for a while, my back, arms and hands suffered from hour-after-hour of typing. In the past years, I've worked as a transcriptionist, eBook writer, sold art and other items on internet sites, cleaned construction sites, worked as a personal care attendant, a case manager and an administrative assistant. One could say that "I'm a Jack of all trades and master of none," and this would be true. This gives me the distinct advantage of not just telling someone what works and what doesn't, but actually trying different ways to make a living and saving money. One of my mantras is "money you save is money you don't have to earn." Therefore, it is my goal to live on as little money as possible and create the quality life that brings me happiness and peace. Isn't this what we all want? 

Peace peeps,
Broke Girl



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment--positive comments only please.

Saving Money on Laundry Detergent

Hello Fellow Broke Galaxians, Have you noticed recently that the 50-ounce bottle of laundry detergent that you once bought is now availabl...